Forum Discussion

CristinaZaplana
Community Member
6 months ago

Alt Text doesnt Work

Hi all,

My custumer requires me that the pictures showed in the Scorm shows ALT text when i focus them with the mouse cursor. 

the problem is that when i try it in Storyline, the preview doesn´t show it and (obviusly) the Moodle platform doesn´t show too. 

How can I solve it? I spend arroun 3 days with this problem and I dont find a solution. Do i activate something in articulate?

I test the accesibility in preview view and dont work (Inside the gear picture, right time line)

Thanks for your answers. 

• using the up and down arrows will mean that the screen reader will read the alt text. The only objects that will take focus are interactive objects. 

Alt text shouldn't display but be read by the screen reader

• Yes, but what I want is for the text to appear under the cursor when I position myself over the image. How do I activate this?

PhilMayor
      Super Hero

That isn’t what alt text is for you would have to build that in for each image.

Sent from my iPhone

• Hello, that's right.

I have added the ALT text to all the images but the browser does not show the alternative text window.

I'm uploading the SCORM to Moodle and it doesn't show me these details.

It just doesn't take any action. How can I make storyline show me the texts in the scorm.

Jürgen_Schoene_
      Community Member

the alt text is for

• showing loading error message
      • screen reader (-> Accessibility)

the title attribute is for

• showing tooltip

the title attribute is unfortunately not supported by storyline