Forum Discussion

PatrickSmith2
Community Member
2 months ago

Audio playing from undisplayed layer

I have a knowledge check question where we display a correct or incorrect layer based on the selected answer when the user clicks a Submit button. This is not a quiz/survey slide, it's custom.  We've literally built hundreds of these and this is the only time we've come across this issue.  When the user selects A or B (incorrect answers) the Incorrect layer displays, but we get audio from the Correct layer playing as well. 

I cannot debug why this is happening.  My only solution is to delete the Show Layer triggers on the base layer, and rebuild them and then it works fine.

I would love to know how this is happening to avoid it in the future.

Currently running Storyline 360 v3.90.32893.0  

• Hi Patrick, 

Thanks for reaching out!

I tested your project file and observed the same behavior. The trigger appears to be correctly set for the correct layer, yet it keeps activating at the wrong moment which is very strange. I also find it unusual that this is the only slide from your project file experiencing the issue.

I was able to fix your slide by making a slight tweak to your triggers as a workaround: 

Please let me know if you run into any similar issues so we can take a closer look at what's happening.