Forum Discussion

RachelHowe-7c45
Community Member
4 years ago

Buffering icon when incorrect hotspot is selected

Hi, please can you help?

One of my slides is a quiz question using hotspots. There is one correct hotspot and two incorrect.

When in preview, if the incorrect area is selected and the 'Try again' layer appears, when I click okay to take a look at the question again the attached icon appears. 

Does this mean it is buffering? Or is this linked to a specific setting that can be changed?

Any support or advice will be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Rachel

• Hi, Rachel,

In a hotspot question, that spinning icon appears wherever the user clicks.  It'll show up the first time they click on the slide. It'll move to any other place on the slide that they click. When you allow multiple attempts, it stays where it was when the user clicked Submit, but clicking elsewhere will move it to the new location.

Yes, it can be confusing. When I use that type of question, I include a note that the icon will appear to indicate the click location. I suggest you do that, too. 

• Thanks so much.

I think from your response I know the answer to this, but is there a way to remove it?

JudyNollet
      Super Hero

As you probably guessed: There's no way to remove the spinning icon. It provides feedback to the user for verifying where they clicked, i.e., what their answer is. Thus, it's programmed to always be visible after the first click.