Forum Discussion

SandraCristiano
Community Member
6 months ago

Button Block in Rise

Hello, 

I am using a Button block in Rise to add a URL link to a survey in Forms. I added a "Continue" block and edited the completion type to "Complete Block Directly above" hoping the learner would only be able to advance once they click on the survey button and complete the survey. Despite the "Continue" button, the learner can advance without clicking on the Button above (i.e. the survey link). Is there a way around this? 

KarlMuller
    Community Member

Hi Sandra, 

Rise cannot determine whether a learner has clicked on an external link or not, so it becomes just a regular Continue block.

• I'm having this same issue.  I have several "gated" Continue buttons - some of the open a PDF that's posted to our internal Sharepoint; some open a webpage on our internal Intranet site. 

All I need for Rise to do is track the clicking of the button (regardless of destination). If it's not clicked, then no Continue. The only thing I can think of would be to create a 1-element accordion and put a standard hyperlink in the text box.  But that's a LOT of rework and 2 clicks (vs. 1) to unlock the Continue button.