Forum Discussion

PhoebeLu-4abae4
Community Member
4 months ago

Can we remove the default "start course" button in RISE?

Can we remove the "Start Course" button on the top left in RISE?

I know we can customize it, but can we 100% remove it? I tried to leave it blank, but when reviewing, it is still "Start Course" as default.

Thanks,

• I went through the similar post, looks like there is no way to just remove the "Start course" button? There is an option to turn off the cover page when publishing to LMS. But I still need the cover page. Any idea if just remove that button on the top left in RISE? Thank yoU!

FrazerGregory-b
      Community Member

Hey Phoebe
      Honestly, 24 hours ago it was totally doable. Now it doesn't look like you can :(
      Hoping someone out there knows different.

• Are you interested in adding CSS to the course after it's published in order to achieve this? If so, I can help provide the steps for that real quick. Ideally it would be a built in solution in Rise and sounds like it was not long ago, but this will at least get you through the trouble right now.

• Worth noting that while I mention Mighty, you certainly do not need it at all for this to work! Hope this helps and let me know if you have any issues 

.cover__header-content-action-link {
       visibility: hidden;
    }

• Thank you John! Cool! Looks like there is no easy built in feature in RISE to remove it and we need some "extra" work? I don't have Mighty, and I cannot seem to find the file you edited after I opened scormcontent. LoL

• Hi John, yes, I do have an index.html, but for some unknown reason, it cannot be opened (blank page) also, if I right click on that, it just has "copy", "cut", "delete", "properties" and "open" options, nothing else. I really have no idea why it cannot be opened with some real thing pops up. Strange!