Forum Discussion

DianaPorter
Community Member
3 months ago

Cannot upload course to Review 360

I keep getting an error message that says it cannot upload the course and to check the internet connection.  I am trying to upload a course that is on my C drive.  This is the second course in the last month that will not upload.  If I upload just a block that does not have the player, it works.  I can also upload my old courses just fine (Finished before June 2024).  I have reinstalled Storyline 2 times and nothing works.

AndrewHanley
    Community Member

I haven't experienced this before Diana, but I'm sure it's frustrating!

One thing to try is to MANUALLY upload the course to Review.

It has that facility now and might stop your issue from happening.

Publish the course to your hard drive instead, then, when complete, log in to your Review 360 and click the manual import option (top left)

Does that work for you?

DianaPorter
      Community Member

It will not publish for manual upload. The whole program shuts down when I try that.

Get Outlook for iOS

DianaPorter
      Community Member

When I try to upload the zipped file I get an error message that says file not supported. Sorry the file you selected is not a supported file type.

Get Outlook for iOS

AndrewHanley
    Community Member

That's interesting Diana.

I think that suggests that it's your installation of Storyline that has some sort of problem, as it is publishing corrupted courses. That would explain why your initial problem was publishing to Review failing.

Can you try it on a different computer just to check?

If not, try clearing the Storyline cache files (you do this by pressing F12 on the Articulate 360 launcher app)

If that doesn't work, reinstalling Storyline latest build should hopefully work.

Good luck!!

DianaPorter
      Community Member

I have reinstalled it 2 times. Did you not read my initial message????? Is there a human being I can talk to? Doing it this way is just silly and is wasting time I do not have. We have tried uploading from 2 other different computers and get the same result. Trying to publish to the local computer also does not work because your system does not recognize the file it generates saying File format is not supported when I try to upload it directly into Review 360. I never get a confirmation when I save it and then the entire program freezes and shuts down.

Get Outlook for iOS

StevenBenassi
        Staff

Hi Diana!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble publishing, and uploading a Storyline course to Review 360! Glad to see Andrew has been helping you!

I noticed that you've opened a support case being handled by my teammate, Woojin. It looks like he replied to your e-mail sharing insight into this behavior and the steps to correct it. If you have any follow up questions, feel free to reconnect with Woojin through your case!

• I am also having this very same issue—I have uninstalled and reinstalled Storyline three times. I have had the company IT support (high-level) check everything regarding the Endpoints, etc., and everything is correct. I even paid for the ISP technician to come and check everything out. Both are correct.  I have tried this on my work laptop, which I have been using for 2.5 years, and before this, I could very easily upload to Review 360.  I have also tried to upload to Review 360 manually, and an error message "File Not Supported - sorry, the file you selected is not a support file" However, it IS a .zip file.  I have also tried this in both Edge and Google Chrome on both company and personal laptops

DianaPorter
      Community Member

It turns out is was a missing cover photo picture file in the menu.  Check that and see if the picture is actually there when you click on it.