Forum Discussion

JimMcKay
Community Member
4 months ago

Course not Completing with unlimited quiz attempts

This is for Rise360.

My courses are tracked by quiz score, which has a required score of 80% but unlimited retakes.

When the learner passes the quiz on the first attempt, the score and completion are reported correctly. However, when the learner fails the quiz and then passes, the score is reported correctly, but the course shows incomplete.

This has been tested on 4 different LMS' including SCORM Cloud.

Please advise.

Jim

• Hi Jim,

Happy to help!

Good call testing in SCORM Cloud. This helps us verify that the behavior might not be LMS-related. 

Would you mind sharing a screenshot of the publishing settings you used when you published your course and a quick overview of your quiz structure so we can test the behavior on our end? Additionally, can you confirm if switching between LMS standards (SCORM 1.2, SCORM 2004) makes a difference in how completion is reported?

Looking forward to your response!

GilbertLuna-199
      Community Member

Jose, were you able to tes this scenario regarding the quiz not regestering completion? I have a similar issue with LMS not reflecting passing score and updating status of course completion in our LMS. We are using Rise 360 and Peoplesoft ELM.

• Hi Gilbert!

Happy to pop in and help. 

• Could you share what publishing settings you have tried so far? Do you notice a difference if you change the LMS standards as Joe mentioned earlier in this thread? 
    • I'm curious, does this happen with any other courses you've uploaded to Peoplesoft ELM? 

Feel free to share your updates in this thread or privately in a support case

Looking forward to hearing from you.