Forum Discussion

WendyMcGarvey-6
Community Member
2 months ago

Deleting used source screen recording

A Storyline 360 file containing simulations was leveraged for a 2nd organization. The simulation callouts were applicable for both. New screenshots (not captured with Storyline) were placed as images on top of the original screen recording images on each slide allowing the original callouts and hotspots to be leveraged. The images from the original recording were replaced with a blank image, ensuring that the original images would not appear if someone were to edit a slide. This worked as intended; however, under the Record Screen menu option, the original recordings are still there and can be inserted in the presentation. They cannot be deleted because they are recognized as in use. How do I prevent them from being available to reinsert or how do I adjust the slides to not be linked?  

• Hi Wendy,

Thanks for reaching out!

You can only remove unused screen recordings from a Storyline 360 project file. 

Based on your description, it looks like the slides generated from the screen recording are still in use which is why you can't delete the recording. There isn't a way to modify the screen recording's availability to prevent other authors from accessing them. Can I ask what is the reason behind wanting to prevent other authors from accessing the screen recording so we can check if any workarounds are available?

WendyMcGarvey-6
      Community Member

Thank you for the reply. The reason for not wanting authors to access the screen recording is because the simulations are for two different clients using the same product, thus the same callouts and steps. However, they each have the system customized to match their company logo and company colors. We don't want the 2nd company to have the ability to insert the screen recordings that were captured from the 1st company.

JoseTansengco
        Staff

Thanks for the additional information! There isn't a way to delete screen recordings that are in use in a Storyline 360 project so I filed a feature request on your behalf and shared the details in this post. Here's a quick look at how we manage feature requests for your reference!