Forum Discussion

ReenaGura
Community Member
2 years ago

Entering F6 as a command

In form view, where it asks you to 'Press the key or Combination' - I'm trying to add in F6 and it will not work - any suggestions? the padlock is off on my laptop.

• Hi Reena!

It sounds like you were trying to program F6 as a shortcut key for one of your freeform question slides in Storyline 360. I'd be happy to help with that!

Just to clarify are you accessing Storyline 360 on a Mac through Windows Parallels? Testing this out on my end (on a third-party external keyboard via Windows Parallels) I was able to successfully enter F6, however, the process required holding down the Function Key + F6 together.

If that doesn't do the trick, or if you're on a Windows machine, I would also suggest trying to enter the command with the on-screen keyboard.

Also, I wanted to share this helpful article which explains that if your key combinations are common shortcuts in web browsers (Alt+D, Ctrl+D, etc.), learners may experience unexpected behavior. A function key such as F6 might also have a shortcut already set in a browser, which could affect that interaction.

Hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any more questions!