Forum Discussion

GeorgeMoureau
Community Member
4 months ago

Import PowerPoint - really annoying feature

I've imported a project from PowerPoint, done it before, worked fine. This time, however, every note section has "Published by Articulate® Storyline www.articulate.com" embedded in the middle of the content of the Note. I am using the beta version of storyline X 64. I don't know if that's the difference, regardless it's really annoying to have to remove this each time when converting to voice. 

Also, when applying a custom layout, the text on the slide goes from black to white. I can't find a setting in the master slide that causes this. Anyone know why this might happen?

Thanks

• Hello George!

I've tested this behavior on my end, importing a PowerPoint to Storyline 360 x64, and I don't see any notes added like you mentioned. Do you mind sharing the PowerPoint file so I can see what the cause is? I can see how that is tedious if it is shown on every slide!

If the text is changing colors, I'd look at the theme colors you are using to ensure Text/Background - Light 1 and Text/Background - Dark 1 are set to black.

GeorgeMoureau
      Community Member

Hello Lauren,
      Here’s the power point file. After importing this into a storyline 360 beta project, most of the notes section in the new project had the Published by Articulate Storyline www.articulate.com embedded in the middle of the content. Not all slides had this, but a good number of them do…

Thanks for looking into this,

George Moureau
      Director Information Technology
      PICC Excellence, Inc.
      (706) 371-2249

LaurenConnelly
        Staff

Hello Geroge!

I'm afraid the PowerPoint wasn't attached when responding via email. Do you mind attaching it to this discussion?

Additionally, your email signature came through. Feel free to edit your previous post if you don't want that information shown!

• Hi Lauren,

I ran the import again and the same thing happened so I went back to the power point file and compared slides. To my total surprise the "Powered by Articulate...." line was actually in the power point file. 

Didn't see that coming...

You can close this if you haven't already. Thanks.

George

• Hello George,

Happy to chime in. I appreciate you testing this further and finding the root cause of the issue! This discussion will automatically be closed after a set time, so no action is needed.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have additional questions.