Forum Discussion

SamWalker-f63e5
Community Member
18 days ago

Moodle issues with Storyline

So, I have created a course in Storyline and cannot get it to work in Moodle.

Here's the quick info:

• All other files will work in Moodle OK.
  • This file will upload but I get an error (500) when I hit the button then to return to course.  This happen if I upload to any course on that site.
  • It WILL work in other Moodle sites, just not the one I need it on. It also works fine on Scormcloud.
  • Various scenes from the Storyline file will work fine when exported individually, some will not.
  • I have tried via uploaded and externally hosted SCORM and as a HTML5, but all have exactly the same results.
  • I have tried copying to a new Storyline file to export, changing file names, exporting to different places etc.  Nothing makes a difference.

Has anyone any ideas that might help.  I really can't see a way forward with this, other than reauthoring, but even then...

Thanks!

Sam

• You are getting Error 500, which means the moodle setup that you are using is having server side issue. Given the fact, things are working elsewhere, my first guess is that it could be due to the "POST Size Limit" of the server you are using. Whats the size of your zip file ? 

SamWalker-f63e5
      Community Member

Thanks for the reply.  I have increased the limits on the php.ini file as well as on Moodle and larger uploads are working correctly.  The file is 120Mb, but other files I have uploaded have been larger.

I am working on it at the moment.  Certain slides will work when exported individually.  Some will not.  When I remove all items from a slide that will not work, then it will work, so I am assuming that it is a single media file within Storyline which is causing the issues. Trying to find it by trial and error, but it is a slow process.

PrasoonN
        Partner

Enable your debugging options in php.ini, then go to your apache error log and see whats in the stack trace corresponding to Error 500. It would point you to whats causing this issue. 

If you have the error log and need the inputs, you can share the snippet with me.