Forum Discussion

JaquelineKelly
Community Member
3 months ago

Multiple Developers Course Export - File Behavior - Link to Resource In Course Player Question

When I link to a resource and then another developer goes into Storyline to work on a project, they need to relink to the same files on their computer IF they want to export/publish the file. Is there a way around this? 

I have come across this article, but I don't believe this solves the issue, correct? This is only so I can link to a resource that can be found inside a folder of a project that is already exported. 

https://access.articulate.com/support/article/how-to-link-to-a-resource-in-the-course-player-sl2

• Hello Jaqueline,

Happy to help!

If you attach a resource from a file in Storyline 360, a copy of it should get added to the course, meaning if you share this project file with other authors, the resource should still be available. 

I've attached a sample project file with a PDF added as a resource. Please open it, publish the course, and let me know if you can access the PDF in the published output. 

If you are experiencing something different, would you mind sharing more details on how you're linking resources to your course? Are you adding web URLs instead of uploading files? Additionally, would you be willing to share a copy of your project file here or in private by opening a support case so we can check how you've added the resources to the file? We'll delete it when we're done testing!