Forum Discussion

HannahKingston
Community Member
2 years ago

No sound when publishing to LMS

Hi all

I have recently create a project in Articulate 360 and i used the inbuilt Audio recorder to do a voice over on each slide. When i preview the project the sound works perfectly, however when i upload this onto my LMS, there is no sound. I have tried this on 2 different types on LMS, and the sounds doesnt work on either of them.

On previous project where i have imported MP4 video's with sound they have played without a problem. 

Does anyone know what the problem might be? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

HannahKingston
      Community Member

Do you mean a trigger to start Audio?

I havent set up a trigger as it sits on the timeline to start and stop at particular times i thought this work automatically as it does in preview. Is this not the case?

• Hi Hannah!

It sounds like you are running into some issues with audio playback in your Storyline 360 course after it gets uploaded to an LMS. I'd be happy to help troubleshoot that with you!

As an initial step, we'd recommend testing your Storyline 360 course in SCORM Cloud. It is an online LMS environment that can be used to figure out whether the issue is with the LMS(s) or the .story file itself. If you test your course in SCORM Cloud and are unable to reproduce the same behavior, then your issue is likely LMS-based.

Here's a helpful article with steps on how to test a Storyline 360 course with SCORM Cloud.

Please let me know if you have any more questions!

HannahKingston
      Community Member

Thats amazing, thank you. I will look at this now. Thank you

HannahKingston
      Community Member

Hi Steven

I followed the instructions and uploaded the course to SCORM cloud however the sound didn't pull through on there either. 

StevenBenassi
        Staff

Hi Hannah!

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your results after testing your course with SCORM Cloud! It sounds like you've found success with the solutions offered by our awesome community members. So glad to hear that!

Have a great rest of your week and happy authoring!

• Hi Hannah,

Please try not to place audio at 0 sec. Drag audio file slightly towards right to 1sec and try again. Hopefully this will work else please share the sample file.

Thanks

HannahKingston
      Community Member

I moved closer to the 1 second mark and this seems to have worked on my first slide. Thank you so much, i am going to apply this to the rest and hope this works for them too.

Thank you so much for you help :)