Forum Discussion

CrystalRyan-96e
Community Member
2 years ago

Object from state overlaps on other states

I have a shape I'm using as a click to reveal interaction. Right now I have "Normal" "Visited" and "Hover" set up. However, when I preview the slide, the lock icon I placed on "Normal" state is showing up and overlapping the "Hover" state when I hover over the shape.

Here are the States:

Here is what it looks like normally:

And here is when I hover over it - the lock is there but it shouldn't be in this state:

Any ideas what's going on here? Thanks in advance for any help!

• Since the lock is part of the normal state, this is acting as expected.  The built in states use the normal state as a base.  If you were to recreate (or copy and paste) your trapezoid on the hover state over the existing one, you should be able to pull this off.

• Hi, Pierre!

This is awesome information. Thanks for sharing with the E-Learning Heroes community! ✨

• That worked! I never would have thought to copy and paste the shape on top of itself in the hover state to override this. Thank you!

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Crystal!

Thanks for following up and sharing the solution you found success with! I'm sure other users discovering this thread will find this information very helpful!

If you run into any issues moving forward please let us know!