Forum Discussion

ScottWilson-8c0
Community Member
5 months ago

Paste in Place

Hi folks,

There is a shortcut CTRL + SHIFT + D to paste something in the same place. I've tried it on a few things but it's not working. Is it working for anyone else?

I'm working on something where I am pasting things down a timeline and I want it to paste in the exact same place, but by default, it pastes items with an offset.

Thanks.

• Hey Andrew, thanks for getting back to me soo quickly. I can only imagine the offset would help those who didn't want something to paste exactly in the same place so one item wouldn't be ontop of the other.

I tried Storyline and the 64 BIT version but CTRL+SHIFT+D doesn't do it for me. I tried disabling my MS PowerToys incase there was a shortcut overriding it but not working. 

Not a lot of Storyline Options that I can find either.

It's a mystery =D

AndrewHanley
    Community Member

Ah the classic Storyline 10 pixel offset vs 8 pixel CTRL NUDGE....
    I have often mulled what bizarre dreamscape Articulate were thinking when they came up with this little nugget! lol  XD

There is a way to not have this happen though Scott, and Ive just checked my own Storyline to confirm before posting this, and yes, when I do CTRL SHIFT D, it puts it pixel perfect in place?!

I will dig around and see if I can find how I changed this!...