Forum Discussion

ScottWilson-8c0
Community Member
5 months ago

Paste in Place

Hi folks,

There is a shortcut CTRL + SHIFT + D to paste something in the same place. I've tried it on a few things but it's not working. Is it working for anyone else?

I'm working on something where I am pasting things down a timeline and I want it to paste in the exact same place, but by default, it pastes items with an offset.

Thanks.

PeterMoore1
    Community Member

Just bumped into this - CTRL-SHIFT-D not working in storyline 360.

As Phil indicated - It was Snagit that had taken that key combo.

Also have to be mindful with Snagit that even when you close the app it may still be running in the background - check the system tray and exit Snagit from there too.

• I contend, there's something wrong with Articulate's cache functionality (at least on Windows). Cache' is what Copy/Paste relies on most. While Snagit certainly can step on A360's shortcuts, I can reproduce this bug without Snagit even running.

BLUF: A360's 'Paste in Place' shortcut key combination (Ctrl + Shift + D) simply fails after just a few attempts. I can usually get it to function again if I close and relaunch Articulate 360. But it eventually fails again. This tells me it's a cache' problem.