Forum Discussion

TracyMaddox
Community Member
3 months ago

Play a gif when a hotspot is clicked on

Hello, I'm trying to get a gif of a printer to display once the learner clicks on a hotspot around the print button, then I want it to move onto the next slide.

I disabled the default "submit hotspot when the user clicks submit" trigger, added a "show layer printer when the user clicks hotspot 1" on the base layer. Then on a printer layer added a "hide layer this layer when the timeline ends on gif printer" trigger. However it's not working. The gif doesn't show at all, it just moves onto the next slide. Thoughts?

• Hi Tracy,

If you are just running a simulation and do not need a quiz with results, you can use regular slides with hotspots instead of question slides.

If you look at the attached project revision, I created a 2nd scene that does what you were asking for. The first hotspot shows the printer layer and animation. I changed the trigger on the printer layer to jump to the next slide, not hide the layer. I believe hiding the layer will send the user back to the base layer, not forward to the next slide.

If you preview the project's 2nd scene by selecting the 2nd scene and then choosing Preview>This Scene, I think you will see the result you were looking for.

TracyMaddox
      Community Member

Thank you. We're new at using the software. We just decided yesterday to have this not graded, so I haven't full changed everything yet. I appreciate the help!