Forum Discussion

TexHale1
Community Member
3 months ago

Published course not playing on iPAD

I am in desperate need of help.

I published my course to web and uploaded it to a google drive in order to be able to download it to my ipad.  No issues there.  However, once I unzip the file and click on the story.html file to open it, I get a white screen.

The reason for doing this is because the course will be used by salespeople in various countries and they might not have access to the internet. So we would like them to download the course and store on their ipads for use with the customer.

I have tried Safari, Chrome and Edge but none of them work.  What am I doing wrong?

HELP! 

TexHale1
    Community Member

Hi Phil

It's been a while!!  Hope you're keeping well. If that's the case, we have a huge problem with no quick fix.

Have you any suggestions?

• Hi Tex, I never even realised it was you, I hope you are doing well.

the only way of running on an iPad was to use the app but that is discontinued.

I dont thionique there is a simple answer to this.

TexHale1
    Community Member

Just had a thought - would I have the same issue if I transferred the file to Presenter 360?

• Hi Tex!

You would run into the same issue if your course was in Presenter 360. The fix would be to host your course on a web server like Amazon Web Services rather than on Google Drive.

TexHale1
    Community Member

Thanks Lauren.  I wasn't intending to host the course on Google Drive, it was just so my colleague could download it from there to his ipad.

Some of the salespeople might not have access to the internet, so we were trying to create a course to play offline.  It seems it is really not possible. Thanks for everyone's help anyway.

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Tex!

Thanks for following up!

We're currently tracking an open feature request to support offline playback of Storyline content on mobile devices. I've included your voice in the feature report and will update this discussion if it makes it onto our Feature Roadmap.

Have a great rest of your week!

TexHale1
    Community Member

`Steven, that would be really great.  Technology is great but they can fail (i.e Rise / Review) at sometimes the most critical moment.  Hence the need for offline assistance.

Keeping everything crossed that it makes the Roadmap!!!

Thanks again - have a great 4th of July.