Forum Discussion

PieterUytterhoe
Community Member
7 years ago

Replay source file error after saving

Hi, 

Just spent 4 hour synchronizing custom slides to a presenter video, to find out that the source file i've saved won't open.

The error reads "This project is invalid or corrupt and cannot be opened. It may have been created in an earlier version of Replay". The same error i've found in a 2 year old thread, which apparently hasn't been fixed yet? Any way to guarantee that this won't happen again with future projects?

Thanks in advance for any solutions.

Best,
Pieter

• Ok, what am I missing? Working on a long replay video (90 minutes), took forever to save and now can't reopen the file. Getting the same message as users above. Am working locally. Help!

• Thanks for joining the community, Ann! 

So sorry you're hitting this snag. Do you see that error on all Replay files or one in particular? If you're able to share it with us here (or privately with our Support Team) we're happy to test it to try to narrow down the cause. 

Looking forward to helping!

• I'm getting the same error Ann. Working locally. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Replay. I have tried on a brand new project. Still getting the project is invalid message.

• Hi Amy,

Thanks for letting us know what's going on, and I'm sorry for the headaches. I see you're working through this with Gren; you're in good hands! She recently requested copies of your Replay project files. Let me know if you have any trouble sending those files to her!

• Any update on this 5+ year old issue?  A member of my Articulate Team is going through this on every replay file she creates and I can't open the file (and get the same error message) regardless of how she shares with me.  I advised saving as a local file rather than a shared or cloud drive, no luck.  Seeing multiple threads with this complaint, but no fix....please advise as my poor co-worker is shattered to keep wasting hours of work with this result.

• Hi Brian,

I see that your colleague Allison is working directly with Annie May on our support team.

• Hello - I'm working off the trial (so new version?) and getting the same error as found in this comment string. I'm working off files that are saved locally (C: drive). It was originally a large file that I divided up. I've tried 6 different times and get the same error message. Once I save, close and then reopen for the first time, I get "This project is invalid or corrupt and can not be opened. I may have been created in an earlier version of Replay."

BeccaLevan
      Community Member

Welcome to E-Learning Heroes, Kristine! ⭐️

I'm sorry you've hit this error too! From here, I want to enlist one of our support engineers to help troubleshoot. Is it possible to share your file privately here? Once we test things on our end, we will reach out with the next step!