Forum Discussion

LoriByrne
Community Member
4 hours ago

Reset Continue Button - Rise

Hello, I am attempting to test a course in my LMS and I am using continue buttons on each module to enforce completing a knowledge check.

These appear to work the first time but then never show again even if I clear the xapi/tincan data.

I can only get them to reapear if I delete and re-upload the module as a new one.

I am using Learndash and tincanny reporting.

After the first time, if I reset the data and course progression, these modules just show as 'Attempted' and the continue button never appears again.

I am wondering if the tancanny plugin is not reseting this correctly or if this is stored in some other way, so I can figure out how to proceed in my troubleshooting.

For the most part, I realize this is working as intended, but I would like to be able to test this more rigorously  and there are obviously times where we need to reset course progress for users and these users would be stuck unable to proceed without the buttons.

TLDR:

• LearnDash + Tincanny Reporting
  • Uploading module as a single lesson course to continue to be able to use learndash lessons tracking (I am not using microlearning because in the coming year we want to move away from learndash and I did not want to have to redo them)
  • Publishing as xapi using course completion
  • Coninue buttons require the block above be completed
  • Continue buttons work first time but then never show again after using tincanny reset data unless compeletly deleted and uploaded as new courses.

Appreciate any assistance.
Lori

• I ended up getting this to work by using the reset progress button from the uncanny tool kit.

More details here:

https://www.uncannyowl.com/knowledge-base/learndash-reset/

This does not completely solve my issues with resetting continue buttons but it has given me a place to start and has made my testing much quicker and smoother.

Hope it helps someone else.

KarlMuller
    Community Member

By design, Rise Continue blocks will only appear and function  the first time a student takes a Rise course. 

LoriByrne
      Community Member

Yes, and for the most part that is how I want them to function. I was just looking for a way to reset them in special cases like testing. I found a work around for now. I appreciate your help.

LoriByrne
    Community Member

I ended up getting this to work by using the reset progress button from the uncanny tool kit.

More details here:

https://www.uncannyowl.com/knowledge-base/learndash-reset/

This does not completely solve my issues with resetting continue buttons but it has given me a place to start and has made my testing much quicker and smoother.

Hope it helps someone else.

• Continue buttons only gate the content once, they do not reappear.

I think this would be a feature request, Rise modules are designed to force resume. I would have expected them to reset though if you delete the bookmarking data.

LoriByrne
      Community Member

Thank you, I ended up getting it to work using their other plugin at least for testing, so I assume the reporting plugin is not really resetting everything. I will submit a report to them and see what they say.

I will have to experiment further for my other needs.