Forum Discussion

JanaSchorn
Community Member
7 months ago

Retina Displays, Dark Mode... still missing

Nice that it's finally 64bit. However, I still miss basic 2024 app features, like at least Retina Display Support (although this might be only an issue when running under Parallels VM on a Mac?). And a dark Mode. Please add a dark mode. As content and visual designers we use to have huge hiRes displays with bright >600nit displays. This is a horrible supernova to our eyes, when working in storyline fullscreen... But it's still in progress, let's see what comes more :-)

• A dark mode would be appreciated. 

Articulate has spent time considering accessibility issues for it's published content; perhaps now a little bit of effort could be spent in considering accessibility issues for people who use the Storyline software to create the content in the first place.  

• Hi Jana, 

I appreciate you taking the time to share what you’d like to see in Storyline 360. I've gone ahead and included your voice for these feature requests. We’ll update this discussion if these features make it on our feature roadmap.

Have a great afternoon!

EthanDuffy
    Community Member

It is an issue on PCs as well, it's very rare that any new laptop bought today is designed for 100% scaling.

If anything, it's worse on PC, since all macs sold today would be designed for the equivalent of 200% scaling, which means outdated apps like Storyline 360 (This issue has not even made it to the roadmap 8 years after being reported) draw every pixel an even four times. PC laptops are generally somewhere between that and 100%, which means the bicubic scaling causes not only a pixellated effect, but an uneven one.

A cheap 1080p 24 inch or 1440p 27 inch external monitor, if you can afford the space, is the best solution I think for having an idea of how your content will actually look.