Forum Discussion

DeanSchirwing-c
Community Member
3 months ago

Rise Question bank

"I'm creating a Question bank on Rise and have 15 questions, but I only want 10 of them to be used. I can't figure out how to limit the number of questions, so all 15 are being included. Does anyone know how to adjust the settings to only include 10 questions?"

• The Draw Options should include a Number of questions in draw field.

It's strange that you aren't seeing that. That is what's politely called "unexpected behavior." I suggest you submit a case directly to the Articulate staff. You can do that here: https://access.articulate.com/support/contact 

• Hi Dean!

Happy to see Judy has been helping you!

I noticed that you've also opened a support case and connected with my colleague, Jan Lua. So glad to see the insight he shared helped solve your issue! For anyone else discovering this thread with similar questions:

"Are you adding the question bank to a quiz or to a knowledge check inside a lesson? If you are adding it to a quiz, the option will appear. On the other hand, if you are adding it to a knowledge check, the option will not appear.

You cannot add an entire question bank to a knowledge check block, as it will only be one question. You can, however, add multiple knowledge check 'draw from question bank' blocks". 

• I'm having the same issue. How do we add the question bank as a quiz instead of knowledge check?

KarlMuller
      Community Member

Create a Quiz, delete all the default questions, and then insert a draw from a question bank.

DeanSchirwing-c
      Community Member

I received the below response from Jan Lua from tech support.

Just to clarify, are you adding the question bank to a quiz or to a knowledge check inside a lesson? If you are adding it to a quiz, the option will appear. On the other hand, if you are adding it to a knowledge check, the option will not appear. You cannot add an entire question bank to a knowledge check block, as it will only be one question. You can, however, add multiple knowledge check draw from question bank blocks.

=============

This solved my issue, I was using the knowledge check block, which is why the drop-down menu wasn’t showing. Once I added the quiz block, I was able to select the number of questions. Hope it helps.

Sent from Outlook for iOS

• Thanks so much for sharing Jan's solution in this thread, Dean! I'm sure it will be helpful to folks who come across this thread in the future. 

Have a great start to your day. Happy developing!