Forum Discussion

EdwardDeveloper
Community Member
7 years ago

Rise Video Poster Frame

Request/idea for future release: could you enable the addition of a poster frame to videos in Rise? It would add a level of polish to the videos. I know that I can add images manually to the beginning of the video files, but it's a clunky process. 

• Hi SibaPrasad,

There isn't a way to set the poster frame for a video in Rise 360 right now. The first frame of the video will display by default. If we add that feature in the future, we'll let you know!

• Can this feature enable in the Rise version ASAP. this is an important but small update for Articulate. 

AllisonLaMotte
      Staff

Hi RibaPrasad,

As I mentioned over this in this thread, I've addd your voice to that feature request. You're now subscribed to this thread, so I'll share any updates on that with you here.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

SibaPrasadPadhi
        Community Member

Hi Alli, 

Any update on this feature to add a poster frame/poster image to a rise mp4 video. This request is pending for last 2 years. Could this feature can release soon next by Articulate.

• Thanks, Nadine.  No updates yet but we'll keep you posted here if this feature is added to Rise!

NadineRoddy
    Community Member

Any updates on this feature being added? It would be a very welcome enhancement!

• I second that emotion. Thumbs up for the ability to add video poster images. I am using iframes as a workaround but they don't fill the screen as nicely as the videos by themselves.

• Thanks, Edward, for sharing your idea, and for incidentally including a workaround for folks who come across this discussion.

We track the impact a requested feature has on our customers, so I appreciate you sharing your voice.