Forum Discussion

NeilRay
Community Member
4 years ago

Save as problems

A quirky thing about Articulate happens when I try to save my project.  It forces me to "save as" with an incremental version number.  Then next time I try to save it forces me to do the same process.  Often it will not accept the next number.  The message is in a screenshot in attachments with this message.

Any help is appreciated.

• Hi, Neil.

Thank you for reaching out! Let me ask if you a few questions to narrow down the issue:

• Your error message shows that the folder you are trying to save the file to is called DROPBOX. Is this just a name, or is this folder one that syncs with Dropbox? If so, is smart sync turned on? 
    • I am not very familiar with Dropbox, but I'm guessing the smart sync could have the same issues as working on a network drive. We recommend working from a local hard drive
    • Have you attempted to repair Storyline 360? Here are the instructions.

Let me know if those help you!

NeilRay
    Community Member

Yes I have.  In fact, sometimes if I keep forcing a save it will work - after maybe 5-10 times but then I end up with a bunch of saved as projects with incremental numbers that I don't need.

NeilRay
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply.  It may be a syncing issue with the location of the save.  Although Dropbox is a local copy, the file structure is shared.  I think saving it to another drive will solve the problem.

• I am having the exact same issue. I have restarted mutliple times, uninstalled and re-installed, Moved files around and made sure it wasn't syncing to drop box.

It either tells me that it is open in another process or that it has been changed by another user.

• Hi Anthony,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue!

It sounds like you've done a bit of troubleshooting yourself already, so I've opened a support case on your behalf. One of our Support Engineers will reach out to you soon via email so we can narrow down the issue.