Forum Discussion

JohannaAgar
Community Member
6 years ago

Screen Recorder is not cropping

I am in the process of creating a number of modules for a new system. Up until now the screen recorder has been working perfectly. Unfortunately as of a couple of weeks ago it started playing up. I am trying to record one section of my screen but it is recording the whole screen. Is there a setting that perhaps I've changed?

• Hi Johanna, Kate, and Chris!

I have some great news to share! We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 77, we've included important fixes and new features.

One of the enhancements we've included: 

• Storyline 360 now supports screen recordings on primary and secondary monitors with DPI settings over 100%.

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer to take advantage of this update, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you need additional help!

• Hi Johanna,

Our team has seen some odd behavior with screen recording when:

1. The author is recording on a setup that has dual monitors
    2. The screen resolution is more than 100% (or 96 DPI)

Does either of those setups sound like what could be happening on your computer? If so, I'd try disconnecting from the second monitor or changing the screen resolution to re-record. Let us know if that helps!

• Glad that worked, Johanna! One of the other tips was ensuring both monitors were set to the same resolution/DPI so you may want to give that a try too! 

KateJeffrey
    Community Member

Hi - I am having a similar issue where no matter which screen resolution I use or dual monitors on or off I have the attached screen coming up when it is comes back into SL.

What can I do?

• Hi, I'm having the same issue. I tend to use dual monitors so that I can record from the larger screen, with Storyline open on the smaller (laptop) screen. I have tried just disconnecting from the second monitor and recording directly from the laptop screen, but am getting the same problem. No matter how I resize the frame (am using 1920x1080 which is what I have my Story size set to, and is the 'full screen' size too), it records a larger area than I have specified. In the attached screenshot, you can just make out the red outline of the frame, which has been ignored.

Any suggestions welcome!

ChrisFranklin-d
      Community Member

Fixed! Just restarted my laptop - seems that when I changed the screen resolution from 125% to 100%, it didn't fully apply this until after restart. Now I can get the right screen recording size - just tested with dual monitors and works fine there now too.

• Hi Johanna, Kate, and Chris!

I have some great news to share! We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 77, we've included important fixes and new features.

One of the enhancements we've included: 

• Storyline 360 now supports screen recordings on primary and secondary monitors with DPI settings over 100%.

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer to take advantage of this update, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you need additional help!