Forum Discussion

MikeB-2fa1936a-
Community Member
4 months ago

Seeing artifacts after rolling over a resized marker

I was playing with the new resizable markers, and noticed some odd behavior. After rolling over a marker, it leaves behind an artifact, as seen in the attached screenshots. Has anyone else encountered this?

• Hi Mike!

Thanks so much for reaching out. I'm sorry that Markers aren't displaying as expected in your Storyline 360 course. Happy to help!  

I tried replicating this behavior by inserting a marker in a brand new Storyline course, then changing the background, and finally Resizing the Marker. It is currently working as expected on my end. For your reference, here is a quick screenshot of my slide in Preview.

• Are you previewing your course in Storyline 360 or viewing your course in one of our publishing options?
    • Do you experience the same behavior if you insert a new Marker into a new Storyline 360 course?

It would be helpful to take a closer look at what you are experiencing within a screen recording. Feel free to share that here or privately in a support case.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

• Luciana, thanks for responding. I did some more testing, and the artifacts are not occurring when I test in Review 360 on Chrome and Safari. It's apparently only something that's happening when I preview locally on my home or office monitors. It's still weird, but it's not the issue I thought it was.

Mike

EricSantos
      Staff

Hello Mike,

I'm happy to chime in! It looks like what you're experiencing with the markers is related to a reported bug in Storyline 360, Build 3.88xxx. We fixed this bug in the latest version, Build 3.89.32618.0

Please launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer to take advantage of this update, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. If you don't see the Update button, you may need to reboot your computer first.

Let me know if you need additional help; I'll be happy to assist further.

• Thanks, Eric. Unfortunately, I've been stuck in a cycle where I've been republishing a number of courses, and haven't been able to move back to the current version. Since this has been recent (and I'm actually seeing it on other screens), I'm looking forward to moving ahead to the latest version.

EricSantos
      Staff

Thank you, Mike! I hope installing the latest version will do the trick for you. Let me know how it goes.