Forum Discussion

BobElmore-f4b06
Community Member
3 years ago

Simple branching in Rise

I am using Camtasia to create a software simulation I will then embed in Rise.  I want to do two versions of the software simulation and allow the learner to select the one they want.

The button stack seems like it might work, but it doesn't say I can send the learner to different blocks with the lesson, only to different lessons.  If I do that I would lose control. 

Is there a simple way to do this?

Thanks.

• The only way I can see doing this is to use the button stack to allow the learner to choose one of the two simulations, then have the learner continue after either simulation to a second lesson, which is actually the completion of the lesson (since the button stack sends them to the beginning of the lesson).

So, in the above flowchart, the lesson after either simulation is a separate lesson.

• You've got it, Bob. Linking to a lesson in your course will always place the learner at the beginning of the lesson.

We'll add you to our request for the ability to anchor to certain blocks within a lesson, and we'll share here if that feature gets released!