Forum Discussion

MikeImage
Community Member
3 years ago

Storyline 360 Hyperlinks are offset

My project has text hyperlinks. All links are working fine in preview mode. After publishing to LMS, the links (hotspot) are offset. This issue is not constant, I have to re-publish many times until the text hyperlinks (hotspot) is on the actual text. Is this a known issue?

• Hello Mike and Allen! ✨

I'm happy to share that we have released a new update for Storyline 360 (Build 3.75.30269.0).

In this update, we have implemented a fix for:

• Hyperlink states didn't always work.

As a first stepI recommend updating Storyline 360 to the latest version. Here's how:

Update Authoring Apps

If you have any questions, please let us know in this thread or privately in a support case.

Have a great day! 

MikeImage
      Community Member

Hi Becca,

Thank you for the reply. This issue is not related only to the LMS. Publishing to web version also as this issue. I know it's not a browser issue because I had it tested on multiple computers and browsers. Here is the Storyline file, publish file file and screenshots of the focus issue.

• Hi Becca, I've been having the same issue for a while now and was hoping for patch update to fix the issue. This has only become a thing in the last few months. What happens is for example (refer to google.com). The google.com hyperlink moves above to maybe a paragraph higher. So the words "google.com" are still there but the interactivity has shift to the above paragraph. The preview works fine but this issue appears in Review and the LMS we use here

MikeImage
      Community Member

I found the constant.

Line spacing of 1.5 and spacing after will offset the link.

The link offsets, if published from the "Story view" without any slide is selected.

The Link offset does not happen if any slide from the story view is selected.

BeccaLevan
    Community Member

Hello again, Allen and Mike!

I appreciate you attaching a sample and screenshots, Mike, and you're right; I'm noticing the same behavior where the hyperlink moves off the text.

• Allen, do you have your trigger set up the same way to open the webpage by executing Javascript when the user clicks?

I want our support engineers to step in and help investigate this from here, so I've opened a support case for both of you. We'll reach out soon with the next step!

MikeImage
    Community Member

I found the constant.

Line spacing of 1.5 and spacing after will offset the link.

The link offsets, if published from the "Story view" without any slide is selected.

The Link offset does not happen if any slide from the story view is selected.

MikeImage
    Community Member

In my case, I have a line spacing of 1.5 and space after of 24.

Temporary solution: Select any slide from the Story view before publishing or previewing if you have text boxes with paragraph and line spacing.

BeccaLevan
    Community Member

Hello Mike & Allen!

I'm happy to return to this discussion with an update—we've fixed the issue where: 

Changing the line spacing to 1.5 would offset hyperlinks in the accessibility focus indicator in the published output.

Be sure to install the latest Storyline 360 Update 60 to take advantage of all the recent features and fixes.

If this happens again, please let us know! Or you can work directly with our support engineers here.

• Hello Mike and Allen! ✨

I'm happy to share that we have released a new update for Storyline 360 (Build 3.75.30269.0).

In this update, we have implemented a fix for:

• Hyperlink states didn't always work.

As a first stepI recommend updating Storyline 360 to the latest version. Here's how:

Update Authoring Apps

If you have any questions, please let us know in this thread or privately in a support case.

Have a great day! 

• Wonderful news! Thanks for the follow-up, Michael.

Feel free to reach out in the E-Learning Heroes Community in the future with any discoveries or questions! 

Have a great afternoon! 🎉