Forum Discussion

DenverWhite
Community Member
5 months ago

Storyline 360 project published with "Classic" player displays with "Modern" player after import to LMS

For a series of online examinations, I have continued to use the Storyline "Classic" player for several reasons.  This still appears to be a valid option for publishing, though users are definitely "encouraged" to discontinue use.  Recently, I published a major revision of an existing examination choosing the "Classic" player.  I viewed the project after publishing, and I also had viewed the project earlier through the Review application.  Content displayed using the "Classic" player.  After I imported the zipped content file into our SuccessFactors Learning management system, I was surprised to find the content displayed using what appeared to be the "Modern" player with black background.  (My browser is Microsoft Edge.)  Can anyone tell me why this happened? 

• Hi Denver, 

Happy to look into this for you!

I haven't encountered this issue before, and no one else has reported this issue in the community so there's a possibility that the behavior is isolated. I'd like to ask a few questions to help isolate the cause: 

• Does publishing to web format or Review 360 show the same issue?
    • Have you tried testing in a different LMS like SCORM Cloud? Can you replicate the issue there?
    • Does your LMS have a course cache that you can clear? If yes, have you tried clearing it to see if this fixes the issue?

If you can replicate the behavior when publishing to web format, Review 360, or SCORM Cloud, please share a copy of your project file here or in private by opening a support case so we can take a closer look at what's happening. We'll delete it when we're done!