Forum Discussion

JamesYorke-fe8a
Community Member
2 months ago

Storyline Block in Rise not reporting correctly

Hi all, frustrating issue - I have a simple storyline file with 2 buttons yes and no.

The trigger set to pass course if click yes and complete and fail if click no.

Tested the storyline file in scorm cloud all works fine.

Put block into a rise module and set the module to track completion based on triggers. Problem is that whether I select yes or no the module completes showing as complete and passed for both - can I not set a trigger to report complete and failed using a storyline block in rise?

• Hi James,

If I understand correctly, you want the LMS to report a pass or fail for the Storyline block in Rise. I don't think that's possible.  You can use the block to track course completion. Here is a response from a staff member on a previous post.

Hi Carine, 

Happy to chime in!

Embedded Storyline 360 blocks in a Rise 360 course cannot report quiz data to an LMS since they lack the necessary files to communicate this information. You can only use Storyline 360 blocks to track course completion, but only your Rise 360 course will communicate additional information to your LMS.

• Rise doesn't use the LMS reporting options from the Storyline block. And Rise doesn't use any data (for example, quiz scores, variable values) from the Storyline block. That also means Rise can't submit that data to the LMS.

For Storyline blocks, Rise can only track whether the block has been completed as per the Tracking options used when the .story file was published to Review 360. Those options are as follows: 

• When the learner has viewed a designed number of slides
    • When the learner completes a quiz
    • Using triggers (e.g., 'complete course')
  • Looks like Kendal replied before I finished entering my answer. The quoted text from Jose is an official version of my reply. 😄

• Thanks all so when you say it can use triggers

• Using triggers (e.g., 'complete course')

it cant use triggers of complete course mark as fail?
      JudyNollet
      Super Hero

Rise can't mark a Storyline block as passed or failed. It can only mark it as completed. 

FYI: That means you can require that someone pass a test in an SL block before they can continue in Rise. To do that, put a "Complete course" trigger on the Success layer of the Results slide. Publish the Storyline file so it only tracks via the completion trigger. In other words, be sure to deselect the option to track quiz completion.