Forum Discussion

JessicaFitzp410
Community Member
20 hours ago

Survey Calculations

Hello. I am trying to create a survey that the results page adds up each of the slides and tells the learner how they scored on each slide, on a rating scale, not graded. IE: They are taking a soft-skills assessment and the results page will show them which of the soft-skills they are the best at and which they need improvement on.

I cannot figure out 2 things.

1. How the learner can click on just one button.
  2. How to create a results slide that reflects this information.

I've included my storyline thus far and the PDF I'm trying to mimic.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!

• Thank you. I got the one button to work, but I am not understanding how to create the results slides. I understand I need a lot of triggers, but I'm not understanding what triggers and variables I should be using. Thanks!

AlexMilyaev-f86
      Community Member

I didn't quite understand the methodology for counting based on this table, so I might make mistakes in it. You need to count the number of responses across all answer columns and all colors. For example, for the blue color, column №1 "I Rarely Do This." And so on for all other columns (there are indeed a lot of triggers). Here’s how to do it: create a variable for each color and column. In total, you will have 24 variables. For the "Submit Results" button (or something like that), we will set up a lot of triggers. When the button is clicked, increase the value of the variable "BlueColumn1" by 1 if the button "BlueRow1Column_1" is in the Selected state. (We create similar triggers for all buttons). Then, at the bottom of the results table, display the value of each variable.

To output the result in the row "The soft skill category I am naturally most good at is," we need to compare the values of all the variables from the last column. Find the highest value and display the corresponding soft skill on the screen. Using Storyline triggers will take a lot of time. Using JS will be a bit faster, but in any case, there’s a lot of repetitive work ahead.

• I have attached the .story file with the Hall test. It uses exactly the mechanics you need. You can check the project logic on YouTube.

In short: to ensure that only one button is pressed, you need to use a button set (select the necessary buttons, right-click, and choose "Button Set"). To display results, you will need many variables and triggers that process these variables.