Forum Discussion

JimRehmann
Community Member
10 years ago

Turning off "show hand cursor on hover" doesn't work.

Hey all. I have a series of screenshots that I've added in Test mode from a video. Each screen has a hotspot on it, but I want the cursor NOT to change into a hand when it's hovered over.

I've right-clicked on each hotspot and turned off the "Show hand cursor on hover" option, but when I run the lesson, the hand still changes into a cursor on hover. Any ideas?

• Will do, Laura! I tagged this thread to be updated as soon as we have more information, and you'll be notified immediately since you're subscribed. Thanks!

DianeElkins
    Community Member

Any updates on this? I'm dealing with this same issue for a screen capture inserted as a test. Even if we uncheck the setting, the hand cursor still shows. Any progress, or is this still a bug?

• Hi Diane,

Are you also using Storyline 2? It's still an open issue within Storyline 2.  I did a quick test and didn't see this in Storyline 360 - so if you've run into it there or Storyline 3, please let me know! I'd love to know a bit more about your project and the screen capture to look at recreating this myself. 

DianeElkins
    Community Member

This was with Storyline 360 v 3.22.17236.0

I'm not able to post files here. Would it be best to go through formal support channels?

Crystal-Horn
      Staff

Thanks for that detail, Diane.  With your permission, we can happily take a look at your project file to investigate what's happening in a case.  You can share it here with our support team, and we'll delete it when we're done troubleshooting. 

• Hello! Any update on this issue in 360? I have v3.60.26947.0. The workarounds suggested in this thread DO remove the hand on hover, however we elected to remove the Submit button completely. Applying temp workarounds with many large files is not feasible at this time. 

vic-reyes
      Staff

Hi Jill,

Thanks for checking in and sharing that you're having the same issue.

We don't have an ETA at this time, but we'll pop in and share any updates with you here as soon as it's available.

• Hello. Same issue here. Using v3.61.27106.0.  Recorded my screen to create 50 or 60 slides with hotspots in a quiz environment and all of the hotspots show the hand cursor upon hover even though the setting is turned off.

• Hello Team,

I have placed few hotspots on the .mp4 video and at the end of the video learner need to hover the mouse to view the additional information. But hand cursor is not working in this situation.

Could you please provide any solution on this?

Regards,

• Hi, Dipu.

Thank you for reaching out!

When you say the "hand cursor is not working in this situation", do you mean the hover is not showing, or the cursor is not changing?

The cursor will only change if you have a trigger connected to "When the user clicks".

I hope this helps!