Forum Discussion

DavienS
Community Member
2 months ago

Unable to view quiz results / unable to retry quiz

Hi there, I have an embedded quiz in SCORM and while most of the users are able to complete the SCORM with no issues, 3 particular users are unable to get pass the 'Quiz' section. Their score is not visible and the 'take again' button is also not visible (Pls refer to 'Actual outcome.jpg attachment)

Users are supposed to see their score in an infographic manner with the 'take again' button that allow them to retry the quiz (refer to 'Exepected outcome.jpg attachment.) The setting is set to unlimited tries.

Tried basic troubleshooting steps such as attempting from another laptop, using other browsers, tried on mobile phone and nothing works.

Most other users were able to complete the quiz+SCORM with no issues. It only happens to 3 users.

The interesting aspect of this problem is for 1 of the affected users, I've reuploaded the exact same SCORM to our LMS and asked the same user to re-try, and to my surprise it works! Nothing else was changed.

• Hi Davien!

Sorry to hear you're running into playback issues with your SCORM package!

I see that you've been working with my teammate Mcgem, through a support case. We can continue the conversation there to keep all information in one spot.

• Hi Brooke! 

Happy to share Mcgem's troubleshooting steps with you! 

It is possible for a learner's instance to get corrupted during a revisit of a course in the LMS. This can occur due to several reasons, including:

Incomplete Session Data: If a learner exits the course abruptly or loses internet connection, the session data might not be saved properly, leading to corruption when the course is revisited.

SCORM Communication Errors: Sometimes, errors in the communication between the course and the LMS can result in corrupted data. This can happen if the SCORM API calls are not properly handled or if there are interruptions during data transmission.

While reuploading the SCORM would effectively clear corrupted learner instances, if corruption issues persist, it may be necessary to work with your LMS provider to identify and gather logs. We can then investigate these logs and determine the root cause of the issue.

Please let us know if you are experiencing something different on your end and what you've tried so far. We'd be happy to dig into this further! 

Looking forward to hearing from you!

KarlMuller
      Community Member

We have a few students that are experiencing exactly what is shown in Actual outcome.jpg