Forum Discussion

WaltJones
Community Member
10 years ago

Video controls for an .mp4 sometimes not showing

In SL2, on some of my slides, when I insert a video and from the Show Video Controls list, I select "Below video," the controls do not display when previewed nor when published. It does not happen all the time and I've been working around it by copying a slide that works and then copying and pasting all of the content from the non-working slide.

Does anyone have an idea why a slide would not display the controls?

Edited to add: The controls do show in the working area.

• FYI..

Articulate support resolved this for me. My controls were off the screen so didn't display in preview. Solution? Reduce the size of the video so there's room for the controls at the bottom of the slide. See video. 

ByronJones
    Community Member

Hi,

I am having the same issue. This really isn't a solution, as it changes the height of the video, and not the width -- thereby altering the resolution size and altering the video image (squashing it). Is there really no way to make the video bar appear when a video is playing at its full resolution?

Thanks!

• Hi Byron,

I see you also reached out in this thread, and I'd love to help. Have a look at the recommendations I made in that thread, and we can keep the conversation going over there!

• Yeah I'm having this same issue.  I was able to get the video controls in to show in preview by reducing the size of the video on the slide.  But I feel like this is a pretty ugly workaround.  I wish the video controls in Articulate could just wake up via hover like on YouTube.