Forum Discussion

LyndsieErick756
Community Member
4 months ago

View Course Offline

Hi everyone! 

Is there a way to publish a course that can be viewed without internet connection?  Similar to how Review 360 works, but offline. 

Thank you!

• If you publish a course for the web, the published set of files can be viewed locally by opening the story.html file. 

All of those files could be transferred to someone else or to another computer. That's best done by zipping the set, and transferring the .zip file. Then unzip the entire set in the new location. (Note: be sure to maintain the folder structure of the published files.)

This allows for viewing a course without an internet connection. Note, though, that nothing will be tracked. In other words, you can't collect data about whether someone completed the course or passed a quiz.

If you want offline viewing for getting feedback, you'd need an alternate way for the reviewer(s) to submit their feedback. For example, in a Word document, they could enter comments next to a screenshot of the slide they're referring to. 

LyndsieErick756
      Community Member

Hi Judy! 

Thank you so much for your response.  I think I am missing something here.  Which file is going to allow the offline viewing?  I published to web and zipped the folder after if was published.  Attached is a screenshot of my zipped folder. 

• I'll try to clarify my earlier response.

You need all of the files in their respective folders to view the course offline. 

If you want to view it on your local drive, just double-click the .story file in the published folder.

You only need to zip the files if you want to transfer them. Actually, you don't really need to do that. You could copy the entire published folder to a flash drive for transferring them. But if the transfer is to someone else or is done online, it's just easier to transfer one zipped file instead of a folder filled with files.

Unzip the files to view them in the alternate location.