7 Replies
Steven Benassi

Hi Dena!

It sounds like you needed some help with accessing the Alt text within a course after publishing it to Review 360. I'd be happy to help with that!

I had some clarifying questions first to help me understand your situation a little better:

• Is your SME trying to access and modify the Alt text on the slides of a course?
  • Is your SME viewing a course with a screen reader but the Alt text is not being spoken?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Dena Fife

Hi Steven

No the SME is not trying to modify the alt text. I sent the SME the Articulate Review 360 review link for proofing and feedback (which is the process we always do until the SME signs off and then we upload to our LMS). He is using a screen reader to check the Alt text of the images, but it does not seem to work within the review site.

Jose Tansengco

Hello Dena, 

Happy to help!

You'll need to make sure that the 'Object is visible to accessibility tools' option is checked in the 'Size and Position -> Accessibility' settings window in order for the screen reader to detect the image. 

You can right-click on the image to access this menu. There also needs to be Alternate Text entered in the input box. If this option is already checked for your images, would you be willing to share a copy of your project file here or in private by opening a support case so we can take a closer look at what's happening? We'll delete it when we're done testing!

Dena Fife

Thanks Joe. I appreciate it, I have made sure all those are checked. I'm familiar with using the accessibility tools within Storyline and have all the elements that need to be visible are checked. I saw that others had posted that alt text doesn't work in Articulate Review and wanted to find out if it still doesn't work and also add that alt text doesn't work from my SME as well. I should preface that alt text is readable by a screen reader in the LMS, for some reason the screen reader is not reading the alt text for the images within the Articulate review site.

Steven Benassi

Hi Dena!

Thanks for following up and confirming the 'Object is visible to accessibility tools' option is checked! It would be helpful to take a closer look at the .story file itself and test the behavior on our end. Would you be willing to attach a copy to this discussion or privately through a support case?

Thanks, looking forward to hearing from you!