Audio not playing in Review until you click once

Apr 13, 2021

Hello,

I have posted a Storyline course to Review and the audio does not play at all unless you click somewhere on the screen once. (So, after clicking a random spot on the screen, or after clicking next/prev for the first time.) After that, there are no issues the entire course. Here is the course in Review https://360.articulate.com/review/content/c0beeeca-929a-4bef-a613-ba43fd44cfbc/review. It also previews will no errors in Storyline.

3 Replies
Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Blake, and welcome to E-Learning Heroes! ✨

Thank you for sharing your Review 360 link. I could replicate the issue using Safari for Mac and Chrome for Windows, while the audio worked as expected in Edge and Chrome for Mac. 

Some modern browsers no longer allow audio to autoplay. If you have audio on the first slide or set it to advance automatically (which seems to be the case), the browser will expect the user to click. 

Here are two workarounds:

• Set the first slide (or the slide that comes before the one with the audio) to advance only when learners click a button or interact with it in some way.
  • Insert silent audio on the first slide to trigger the Play button. You can use Storyline's Record Mic option for this.

Let me know if this works!