Captions Not Functioning in Review 360

Feb 14, 2019

I create a lesson every month with a captioned video. I add the captions in Storyline and test it in Review 360 before sending to the LMS.  It has always functioned correctly. 

Today when I uploaded my file to Review 360 the video plays fine, however when I click the caption button the button turns white and the captions do not show. 

Any suggestions? I have to get this out tomorrow, I have a very short turnaround time.

Thank you,

Carrie Ann

4 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Carrie Ann,

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know what you are experiencing in your course.

Are you seeing this issue in a particular browser or only when the browser is maximized perhaps?

Is this only happening in Review 360 or once uploaded to the final environment as well?

With your permission, I'd like you to share your project file with our support engineers to investigate what's happening. You can share it privately by uploading it here. It will be deleted when troubleshooting is complete.

Carrie Ann Desnoyers

Hi Leslie,

Thank you for your reply. I always use the Review 360 tool in Chrome. (I am pretty sure that is the recommended browser.)

My browser fills the whole screen - I don't minimize it to review the course. I did see the discussions about videos opening in a new window having issues. These videos are inserted into the slide and are viewed in the slide - not opening a new window.

I will upload the file now.

Carrie Ann

Carrie Ann Desnoyers

Strangely enough, the captions are now functioning correctly in Review 360. I tested them twice this morning. The first time they did not work. The second time they did.

I will take this as my file is functioning correctly, and it was a glitch with the Review 360. 

I will upload my file if there are issues once loaded to the LMS.

Thank you,

Carrie Ann

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.