Engage interaction slide shrinks in Storyline 360

Mar 14, 2019

Hi,

When I import an Engage interaction into Storyline 360, the slide jumps to a smaller size in the published version.  I tried changing the interaction/Engage sizes, but it still shrinks in the Storyline course.

Does anyone has any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks!

Sue

4 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Sue, 

Are you using a fairly large story size? When you create a new interaction in Engage 360, the slide size defaults to 720 pixels wide by 540 pixels high, but you can change it to any size you'd like. 

If you didn't change it and were using a much larger Storyline slide size that would explain the shrinkage.  I'd recommend using the same slide size for both Engage and Storyline, if they're different the interaction will be centered on the slide and, if necessary, scaled down to fit within the slide. You'll find some more details on this here. 

Sue Ascher

Hi Ashley,

Thanks for your reply. The Storyline size is 1001 x 563, and I set the Engage size to 824 x 563, if I make it wider it stretches out too much. I have been playing with the measurements.

The interaction doesn’t center on the slide, in fact the slide (including the player) shrinks (jumps!) to a much smaller size when Storyline is published (I don’t know the exact measurements, but it cuts off the interaction and looks to be no more that 400 pixels wide. The height is affected as well).

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.