File from 2018 crashing Storyline, can't publish to Review

Feb 22, 2020

Hi all, I have a Storyline file from late 2018 that I can't publish to Articulate Review. It comes up with a crash report every time. I've tried:

• Starting a new file and copying the slides into the new file (blank slides copied in with the proper name but nothing was in the slides, and it crashed Storyline)
  • Saving the file as a new name and trying to publish that to Review (also ended up in a crash report)
  • Changing the name of the file, opening that, deleting a slide in the file and saving again (and got a message that the file could not be saved. Object reference not set to an instance of an object.)

Any ideas for what to do from here? I can't upload the file to the community due to client privacy, but I could upload to the support team directly. Thanks!

2 Replies
Katie Riggio

Hi there, Beth!

You've done a lot of great troubleshooting on your own, and I'm sorry that Storyline keeps crashing!

For the next steps, I would try a simple Storyline repair since this also happens in a new file. If that doesn't help, we'd love to take you up on the offer to test the course. 

Click this link to share the source file with our Support team privately. Our Engineers will dig in and delete it after!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.