Play/Pause Player Button Strange Behavior in Review 360

Feb 07, 2024

Has anyone experienced some weird behaviors with the play/pause button located in the Articulate Player while reviewing a Storyline project in Review 360?

When I publish a Review link and start clicking through the slides, anytime I click the pause button and click play to resume, my audio clip starts over, regardless of how many seconds have already passed in the timeline. However, I do NOT experience this behavior while editing my project in Storyline 360. It only happens with a published Review 360 link. 

Operating system is Windows and Edge is my browser. Wondering if this has something to do with cookies/cache but that is just an assumption. 

3 Replies
Steven Benassi

Hi Jake!

It sounds like you've run into erratic behavior with audio playback after publishing a Storyline course to Review 360.

I see that you've also opened a support case as well. Smart move! It looks like you've connected with my colleague Wilbert. You're in excellent hands troubleshooting with him!

We can continue the conversation through your case to help keep all information in one spot.

Jake McDonnell

Thanks Steven,

I wanted to add that in addition to experiencing this issue in Review 360, it is also happening with a published SCORM package in our LMS. 

A browser refresh sometimes resolves the issue, but not all the time.

What's strange is I am not experiencing this timeline behavior with other courses that my team has published to our LMS in the past. I have gone back into some of our old Storyline files and cannot spot any differences in the triggers we have set up for anything related to the timeline. 

Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this through the support ticket I submitted that you mentioned above.