Review 360 issues

Nov 03, 2020

Nothing but problems which is embarrassing when having stakeholders review this. I have resaved and republished, deleted and reinstalled triggers, but problems persist with advancing slides. Any suggestions? Is this a bug in the newest version?

3 Replies
Katie Riggio

Hi Sara,

Thanks for your post! 

It sounds like the slide advancement property may be set to Automatically

My hunch is that the content was created in Storyline 360, but I'll also include the steps to change this setting in Presenter 360 just in case:

Give that a try, and let me know if that helps. I'm happy to help!

Steve Siwek

Hi Katie,

2 questions, 1. is there a way to change whether a slide advances automatically or by user for all slides in a presentation at one time? 2. When using Review 360, do I need to set a presentation slides to "Advanced by user" so the review can review the slides without them advancing automatically or is there another setting available to prevent this from happening.

Thanks!

Steve

Lauren Connelly

Hello Steve!

I'm happy to clarify!  

1. Is there a way to change whether a slide advances automatically or by user for all slides in a presentation at one time?

In Presenter 360, you can choose whether you want the slide to advance automatically or by user. To change this setting for all slides in the project, you'll want to first head over to the Slide Properties under the Articulate tab. Press Ctrl+A to select all the slides, then click the Advance hyperlink on the right side of the window. 

2. When using Review 360, do I need to set a presentation slides to "Advanced by user" so the review can review the slides without them advancing automatically, or is there another setting available to prevent this from happening.

Great question! Setting the Advance setting to By User will allow the user to have control when they move to the next slide. Setting the Advance setting to Auto allows you to move the learner to the next slide when the timeline ends.