Storyline 360 Keeps Crashing when Trying to Publish

Nov 18, 2020

I have a course that I'm trying to publish to Review. Every time I try to publish, the course crashes. I moved the course file from our shared drive to my desktop, as I read a thread from a few years ago that indicated that could be a problem. I also saw a thread that said special characters cannot be in the course file name or in the slide names - I'm curious what constitutes a special character though - would ( ) / - . count a special characters?

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. It has taken long enough to create this course, which is of course needed yesterday.... So I'd like to not spend forever trying to publish as well... 

1 Reply
Vincent Scoma

Hi Mike, 

Thank you for reaching out! 

I am sorry that you are hitting a roadblock here trying to publish your course. In regards to those best practices: 

• It is best to save and publish Storyline projects on your local hard drive (typically your C: drive). Working on a network drive or an external USB drive can cause erratic behavior due to latency.
  • Regarding naming conventions, you'll want to avoid special characters, accents, or symbols in your file path and file name. This guide shares more about these naming conventions: Naming Files, Paths, and Namespaces

If you continue to run into a snag publishing, please let us know! You are always welcome to connect with our Support Team here

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.