Team Folders - Giving Rise Editing/Collaborating Capabilities to Several People at Once

Dec 01, 2023

Hello! I'm trying to wrap my brain around the use of Team folders in the Review 360 tab. 

I understand the overall idea - you make a folder for a smaller team in your org, add people to the folder as an Editor and then add Review 360 content.

What I don't understand is what people can actually edit.

It looks like they can only edit folder contents, not the Rise courses associated with the Review content in the folder. I understand why people can't edit the SL content using the Review links in the Team folder (because SL is an app with a .story file), but I don't understand why I still have to go in the Rise courses associated with the Review link in the Team folder and give people editing capabilities (when they have Editor capabilities in the Team folder the content is in).

I guess I read Team folders as - "Hey, friends, instead of going into each Rise course and adding each person on the team as a Collaborator, add the whole gang to the Team folder so they can collaborate/edit all the Rise courses in the folder! Huzzah!" 

Thanks for any insight!

1 Reply
Jose Tansengco

Hello Heather, 

Happy to chime in!

Yes, you are correct! One of the major functions of Team Folders is to allow multiple team members to publish to a single Review 360 item. Adding items to a Team Folder means that everyone who has access will be able to publish new versions of the course, but they do not necessarily have editing access to the original source material. This article explain what Team Folders is: 

And this is for understanding what collaborative authoring is, and how it is specific to Rise 360: 

Collaborative authoring is the feature that allows multiple team members to work on a single course at once, while Team Folders is used to manage everything that has already been published to Review 360. 

Hope this helps!