Toggle for show correct/incorrect responses

Nov 25, 2020

I am trying to turn off the correct/incorrect banner at the bottom of my review screens and it seems not to work. I have deselected it as an option on my  "review quiz" button on the results screen. 

My quiz screens are all freeform, drag/drop, pick many, multiple choice etc.

Is there a way to turn this off that I'm not seeing or can I add a variable of some kind that will accomplish this?

I am using the latest version of Storyline 360.

Thanks in advance.

6 Replies
John Morley

Leslie,

When trying to use toggle for a play/pause button (which seems an obvious use), the icon does not change, although the text does. The attached shows that the button in the Selected state is clearly configured with the pause icon.

But in use, the play icon shows whether the text on the button is Play or Pause.

Please help.

Leslie McKerchie

Thanks for sharing what you are experiencing and your file, John. 

I can see the behavior you are describing and I could offer an alternative, but I'd rather understand your design and help you there if possible. How have you added the Play/Pause icons to your course? I notice that the play button disappears when looking at the state, but I'm not clear on where this image/icon is coming from.

John Morley

Thanks Leslie,

This needs to be a reusable object for starting and pausing videos. We embed videos in some slides and need to offer learners the ability to pause and start the video. I currently do that using different buttons that show and hide depending on state.

But this would be slick if I could use a single button that just toggles back and forth between play and pause, then use the variable to trigger the media to play or pause: play media on button click if the boolean is false, pause if true.

Your help with this will be most appreciated.