Add a thumbnail to video added to my lesson

May 25, 2020

Dear all,
I have the following question/case using Rise 360 :
when I insert a video, which first image appearing is blank (the first second is a blank screen)...
It is possible, within Rise, to add a thumnail so that I have nice picture before my video starts? Or should I make assemble this out of Rise 360 ?

Thank in advance

Regards

Soizic

14 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hello Soizic. We are tracking requests to choose a thumbnail for your video blocks in Rise. I'll post updates here if we make any changes.

In the meantime, Rise 360 will display the first frame of a MP4 video as the thumbnail. You can use a video editing tool like Replay 360 to add an image to the first frame of the video, then re-publish the video as a MP4 file. I hope that helps.

Phoebe Lu

Hello Crystal,

I have the same issue/ask for an inserted video in Rise. I wanted the 3rd second scene of the video to be the thumbnail as the image shows the topic of the video, so I don't have to add any caption underneath and it is clear and attractive enough to draw others attention to click on it.  

Sounds like we still cannot choose a certain second to be the thumbnail for the inserted video in Rise at this moment?

Thank you!

Phoebe

Lauren Connelly

Hello Donna!

I'm happy to help! It sounds like the navigation in your course isn't working as expected when added to a Storyline block in Rise. Is that correct? Can you share more about the desired path of the course? Secondly, can you share the .story file with us so we can see what the best course of action is to make sure the course works as expected in the Rise 360 course?