Adding Steps In A Process Block

Oct 03, 2018

This feels like a silly question, but I am unable to see how to add a step to my process block.   Can anyone give me a quick screenshot? 

12 Replies
Mark Altin

+1 to Sumant's comment. I had the same issue.

As a brand new user to Rise360, I'm still in the 60-day trial, I figured I would share the experience from a new user perspective.

Basically, depending on the module, you use one of three different methods to add elements to a block, depending on the block type.

• The black "Add" button that appears fixed at the bottom of the left-hand column. This is used in the process and scenarios blocks
  • The oval "Add" button that appears directly under the last element listed in the right-hand column. This is used for flashcards, tabs, images to carousels, and I'm sure a bunch of other things.
  • Last is to simply to click anywhere on a labeled image to add a marker (which creates a new element in the left-hand column) 

I'm sure there is a reason for why each of these methods needs to exist (the labeled image method makes perfect sense in context), but the design language doesn't clearly indicate why adding a step to a process should look different, and be in a different place, when compared to adding a flashcard.

It leaves me with the impression that these two particular modules were designed at different times, and no one bothered to check to make sure the software was consistent.

Personally, I prefer the oval button at that follows the last bit of content because I work on a big screen and the bottom left corner of my browser window is usually out of the way from where I'm working.

With all this said, I think the easiest fix is just to add an image similar to what Emily provided here in the actual support article found at: https://articulate.com/support/article/Rise-How-to-Use-Process-Blocks

Lastly, I just want to say in spite of this long message, I really love the software. I wouldn't have bothered typing up this feedback if I didn't think the software was a 9.8 out of 10.

I'm just sharing my feedback as a new user to help make it a 9.9+!

Cheers,

Mark

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.