Adobe After Effects MOGRTs and Articulate

Apr 21, 2022

Hello,

I would like to know if Articulate supports MOGRT files (Motion Graphics Templates). I usually create lower thirds in After Effects and export them that way. 

If not, is there a way to create an editable graphic in After Effects that can be imported and used in Articulate? 

2 Replies
Chino Navarro

Hi Sean, thanks for reaching out. I am not too familiar with MOGRT files but when I checked more about it, it looks like it is a file for Adobe Premiere Pro. I tried uploading some sample MOGRT files into my Rise 360 course and it looks like it isn't supported. I will leave it up to the community to chime in on this. 

Math Notermans

MOGRT stands for Motion Graphics Template and it isnot supported. It neither is specifically for Premiere... it can be used in both Premiere and After Effects to make reusable assets/animations.
When you want to use AfterEffects animations in Storyline and want to keep some editability..as that is what MOGRT offers... you can use BodyMovin and Lottie to export your animation. Lottie is vector and thus small and scalable. As BodyMovin and Lottie export your animation as JSON you can influence that with Javascript / GSAP in Storyline360.

Other option is SVG animation with SVGator. Its a online tool to create SVG animation. Not as sophisticated as AfterEffects, but you can make nice animations that you can import into Storyline360 and use. To make that work you have to fix some things in the Html provided by SVGator.