Are you stuck with the content type you choose?

May 03, 2018

I recently started using the program and added a lot of videos, not knowing I couldn't go back and add content. Is there any way to change the content type to block from video?

5 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Sheila, 

For some of the block types that are similar, you can change those around as you'll see here: 

You'll notice that the block types are similar, and would have similar content so that it's easy to change between those. What lesson types are you looking to change from one to another? I'd love to know more about your setup and share some of this insight with our team. 

Sheila Mansolillo

Hi Ashley, thank you for responding so quickly. In Rise, I can create a lesson and choose the Content type - Labeled Graphic, Sorting Activity, etc. Once I choose the type of content, I can't figure out how to change to another option. Let's say I start with Labeled graphic, get the image in there, and decide Process would work better for my end goal. Can this be done? I am new to the product, and have discussed with my team member that we should go the route of carefully planning out the lessons to avoid changing content types.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Sheila,

Since those two lesson types are very different in terms of layout, there isn't a way to change from one to another. You may want to add the new Process lesson first, and then copy and paste content between the Labeled Graphic and your new Process lesson. 

I recently saw one example of how another user was planning out their content and lessons - perhaps that will get your creative juices going! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.