Articulate Rise Process - importing powerpoint

Oct 18, 2018

Hi, 

is there a way of importing power point presentations into the process feature so that each power point slide is on a different step of the process? So far I have been achieving this by print screening the process and uploading them as images with their corresponding audios, but with lots of slides and presentations to get through this is rather time consuming. Any tips?

Thanks,

Ollie

15 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Oliver! I've got an idea for you. 💡

Have you considered importing the slides into Storyline 360, designing the slides to look like a process interaction, then embedding those Storyline slides in Rise as a Storyline Block?

I'd be happy to help you with that! Simply attach your PowerPoint here, and I'll see what I can come up with.  😁

Sandra Sarmiento

Hi Ollie, 

This is not ideal but it more or less worked for me:

Open the PowerPoint online (not on Mac or PC), from there go to File>Share>Embed

NOW. I found that the iframe that PowerPoint generates does not work in Rise for some reason. So what I did, was create a new Microsoft Sway document, (Blog Entry) then Share>Embed code AND THEN that iframe did work in Rise. 

I hope that helps!

Sandra X.

Holger Sachs
Sandra Sarmiento

Hi Ollie, 

This is not ideal but it more or less worked for me:

Open the PowerPoint online (not on Mac or PC), from there go to File>Share>Embed

NOW. I found that the iframe that PowerPoint generates does not work in Rise for some reason. So what I did, was create a new Microsoft Sway document, (Blog Entry) then Share>Embed code AND THEN that iframe did work in Rise. 

I hope that helps!

Sandra X.

I just tried a simpler way and  deleted the text between 

frameborder="0"> and </iframe>

-worked.

Charity Walsh

So we have imported into Storyline360 and put into a process interaction and tried to embed, and the embedding works, but the export to PDF is only show part of the process interaction. Are Storyline files needed to break up into slide by slide and put each as separate lessons for export to PDF to work?

Charity Walsh

Ok. Our end goal is we need a master file in PDF of the slides and I don't see a PPT export option. We have had some problems doing this (we use MAC's) with our Articulate360 app hence why we were trying Rise360 to see if easier.

Is it not possible at all on Rise360 to capture those slides as PDF? I see PDF there too.

Paul Schneider

Totally not helpful answer here, but from an ID understanding of what different organizations are doing and why - I was curious as the purpose of having that PDF. Is it for compliance reasons? If so wouldn't they need all text etc. (assuming there might be things hidden/overlapping etc. that wouldn't show up on a snap shot of a slide)